In order to ensure your application is considered, it must be received no later than January 10th, 2014 at midnight EST.
You can apply by completing the application form, &submitting a reference letter. While not required, we recommend you submit a video & picture (instructions are on the application form).
OVERVIEW OF G(IRLS)20 PROGRAMMING:
While in Australia, delegates will attend skills building training sessions, hear from a global panel of experts and discuss and promote tangible, scalable solutions toward economic prosperity. The Summit will culminate in a delegate-led press conference and communiqué that provides a blueprint to G20 leaders on how to utilize and engage one of the best resources in the world – girls and women.
- Workshops / skills building investments in Summit delegates
- An annual global Summit that takes place in the G20 host country
- Global mentorships for G(irls)20 Summit Ambassadors (former delegates)
- Panel of advisors for former applicants (not chosen as delegates but exhibited strong leadership potential)
- Delegate led initiatives that take place in home communities
- Access to ROI (Ring of Influence)
Four Summits have taken place : Toronto, 2010; Paris, 2011; Mexico City, 2012; Moscow, 2013. Each Summit produces a communiqué which is presented to the G20 Leaders, Ministers of Industry, Health, Innovation, Economic Development and Foreign Affairs and Ambassadors. Each Summit also results in the development of community based initiatives led by the delegates.
PLEASE NOTE: Delegates will be required to return home to their countries and put their ideas into action or support an organization that is already working to empower girls and women.
The following will be provided to all G(irls)20 Summit Delegates:
- Summit learning materials and supplies;
- Return economy air travel arrangements, from the closest international airport to the delegate’s home to Australia;
- Accommodations while in Australia (in transit accommodations to be covered by the delegate);
- Meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner and refreshments each day;
- All ground transportation while in Australia.
Please note that it will be the responsibility of the delegate to arrange her own ground transportation to and from her home and the airport as well as passport and visas (some countries will require a visa).
If you are a passionate, forward thinking, solution oriented young woman from a G20 country or can represent the European or African Union, Afghanistan, Pakistan or the MENA region and will be 18-20 years at the Summit (August 2014), you are invited to apply.
Please remember that All applicants must:
- Be between the ages of 18-20 years at the time of the Summit (August 2014)
- Hold citizenship of the country they are applying to represent
- Have parental or guardian permission to travel to Australia and to fully participate in the summit for the duration;
- Consent to appear in any and all media;
- Have a valid passport and any other required travel documents for the delegate to travel from her home country to Australia
Please note; that it is the sole responsibility of the delegate to obtain all required travel documents. Proof of all travel documentation no later than March 30th, 2014. The purchase of Health insurance and all necessary travel documents are the responsibility of the delegates and will not be reimbursed.
Language: As the G(irls)20 Summit will be conducted in English, English language proficiency, both verbal and written, is required. All final delegates will have a phone interview in which their language skills will be evaluated.